Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 39

Thread: Colin Powell endorses Obama

  1. #11
    Inactive Member greencrest1272's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Colin Powell endorses Obama

    I love Powell. I think if he had some balls about him we would not be in Iraq.

    It's not going to sway my vote, however, it is a huge blow to McCain. Powell is the most reputable foreign policy expert in America IMO. If I was voting strictly on Iraq, then this endorsement would sway my vote. McCain is wrong on Iraq and Obama and Powell are and have been right on it, I am not afraid to admit that.
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

    -Teddy Roosevelt

  2. #12
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Colin Powell endorses Obama

    Well, I served under Powell during Desert Storm and I can understand his convictions about voting for Nobama. What do you all think his reason to resign as secretary of state was? He found out after he testified to the U.N. about WMD that it was bogus. I think he thought long and hard about his decision. Many of you have stated before that you are having a hard time voting for your party's choice, just as he has. I have a feeling that if Romney had gotten the GOP nomination, then he would have supported the republican ticket.

    BTW, I would still follow him into battle, even though he is supporting Nobama. He is just that good of a leader. To me, he is like the "Eisenhower" of our time.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member duckmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2007
    Posts
    2,017
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Colin Powell endorses Obama

    I respect Powell also. Both of my real parents and my stepdad served under him as well.

  4. #14
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Colin Powell endorses Obama

    I don't claim to know all the inner workings, but do try to read and not just blogs or webpages that endorse what I think or believe but alternate sides. I try to steer clear of the way to far to the right sides and the way to the left sides. That's why when I do the political surveys, I come down fairly close to being a centrist. Lots of things I don't support myself but I don't necessarily believe that government should stick their nose in it.

    That all being said, most everything I read, from insiders, to those from one side and the other side, say that Powell was basically forcefed information, told what to say and lead to believe things that weren't the case. He was a tool to the powers that be, which is why he left his position. I don't agree with everything Powell believes either, but I do think he has conviction. Now not to go all 'A Few Good Men' here, but does anybody think that Powell wouldn't do what his commander would tell him?

    I think that he argued with the choice and since he and McCain were close, probably had a lot of turmoil with it. I have no doubt that Obama campaign took this and ran with it as hard as they could, but do you think that McCain wouldn't have?

    I'm completely of the mind that if, IF McCain had picked a better VP candidate, that Powell would have supported him.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Colin Powell endorses Obama

    I'd sure like to write Powell in as Prez, myself. Head and shoulders over the two candidates that are running. Right now, America needs someone we can believe in, and Powell would be such a man.
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

  6. #16
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Colin Powell endorses Obama

    Saw on the news this morning that B. HUSSEIN received another HUGE endorsement. From HAMAS. Imagine that.
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  7. #17
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Colin Powell endorses Obama

    Hamas don't vote...imagine that. Besides, I'd say roughly 75% of the people who do vote don't know what Hamas is anyways. The overwhelming majority of voters have to be ignorant to elect Bush twice.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  8. #18
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Colin Powell endorses Obama

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hamas don't vote...imagine that.</div></div>

    Not only that...but anyone ever think that these terrorist organizations do this on purpose to try to sway votes to the OTHER guy? You know darn well that when the average person looks at "HAMAS endorses Obama" that they're automatically like "whoa, maybe I should vote for McCain". Don't you think HAMAS knows that affect and understands it fully?

    In other words, I feel that a HAMAS endorsement of Obama means they really want McCain in there b/c they know their endorsement will take American votes away from Obama. It ain't rocket science (or bomb-building in HAMAS' case).
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  9. #19
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Colin Powell endorses Obama

    As I said earlier, I'd say 5 out of 10 Americans even know what Hamas is, and I'd say less than that can point the countries or territories out on a map which Hamas is housed in. Many Americans would think Hamas is the guy that invented those classes that teach a woman to breathe during labor...that's how ignorant much of our country is.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  10. #20
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Colin Powell endorses Obama

    I'm sure R13 will explain it in detail [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •